Skip to content

North Ribblesdale 34-31 Yarnbury RFC 

Yarnbury suffer their third defeat this season after a tense match against North Ribblesdale. 

Yarnbury didn’t leave empty handed though as they did get 2 bonus points. 

Image: MJ Spencer 

The game started well for Yarnbury when fly half Daniel Pound chipped the ball over, it was in the hands of outside centre Max Lee who passed back to Pound who would score under the posts to which he would convert his own try. Minutes later Yarnbury would go and score another try, this time it was inside centre Joseph Pearson who was assisted by Pound to score a fantastic try and Pound Converted. But North Ribblesdale would respond with a try of their own, great defending from Yarnbury but it was Ribb fly half Thomas Davidson who made a long pass to outside centre Nelson Delailomaloma who found space and went over to score along with a conversion from Davidson. North Ribb didn’t have to wait long for their second try when second row Adam Middleton crashed through the Yarnbury defence to score and Davidson scored the conversion to equalise. But Yarnbury would take back the lead after North Ribb failed to collect the ball from a kick, Max Lee came to collect the ball to score under the posts led by a simple conversion from Pound. The lead wouldn’t last long though when North Ribb captain Alexander Dew found some space to go over the line and score and Davidson would successfully convert to equalise again. It was starting to become a physical battle near the end until Thomas Davidson was penalised for a high tackle and he would face the sin bin. With the penalty awarded to Yarnbury, Pound went for three points and his kick was good to give Yarnbury a 21-24 lead at halftime. 

Image: MJ Spencer 

The start of the second half nearly went Ribb’s way, after a lineout they were close to scoring, but the Yarnbury defence proved too strong, but they did have a scrum, but once again after the scrum it was going Yarnbury’s way after they were awarded a free kick due to an early push. After a tense few minutes in the second half North Ribblesdale would finally score their bonus point try and it was hooker Elliot Marklew who managed to stretch over the line to score and Davidson who came back on from his sin bin got the conversion to put Ribb in the lead for the first time in the match. A penalty was awarded to Ribb and Davidson had a go for three points just under the halfway line and it was successful as he extended Ribb’s lead. Another penalty would be awarded to Ribb in the scrum and Davidson had another go for three points and once again the flags were as Ribb led by ten points. Yarnbury were finally awarded a penalty of their own. They have a quick tap and go and saw Max Lee running down the line he found full back Max Kennedy who showed great pace to score a superb try and Pound would score the conversion, but the full-time whistle was blown. 

North Ribb: 


N. Delailomaloma 9’ 

A. Middleton 17’ 

A. Dew 24’ 

E. Marklew 53’ 


T. Davidson (4) 10’ 17’ 24’ 54’ 


T. Davidson (2) 66’ 75’ 

Yellow cards: 

T. Davidson 39’ 



D. Pound 3’ 

J. Pearson 7’  

M. Lee 20’ 

M. Kennedy 80’ 


D. Pound (4) 4’ 7’ 20’ 80’ 


D. Pound 40’ 

What do you think?