Gipton

UPDATED VIDEO :Baby girl and puppy rescued from Gipton house blaze

Oak Tree Walk, Gipton

Oak Tree Walk, Gipton

A family, including an 11 month old baby, escaped a house blaze yesterday after a chip pan caught fire while they slept.

Dad David Parker, 56, was knocked out by the smoke as he dozed in the living room after cooking fish and chips in the kitchen at around 1am.

Daughter Emma Parker, 18, was upstairs asleep when she woke to crackling and smashing sounds downstairs, and saw smoke rising into her room. Read More »UPDATED VIDEO :Baby girl and puppy rescued from Gipton house blaze